The Industry Association Council (IAC) is a collaboration initiated by the Network for Business Sustainability (NBS) to advance the sustainability agenda in Canada.
What is the IAC?
The IAC is a group of committed leaders dedicated to supporting the sustainable business practices of their members. NBS is creating a space for industry associations to work together on challenging sustainability issues. The purpose of the IAC is to:
1. Identify the important sustainability challenges of association members
2. Address members’ sustainability challenges with best practice, knowledge and education
3. Identify areas of collective interest that warrant further research or future actions
In 2012, the IAC collaborated on the development of tools and resources to support the sustainability needs of their members. Please use these resources in advancing sustainability in your own organization.
- An overview of industry-level sustainability programs to support industry associations in advancing sustainability
- A 3-step guide to help businesses work with community groups.
- 3 industry-specific guides to help small-and medium-sized businesses engage employees in going green.
With Support from Industry Canada
Who is Eligible to Join the Industry Association Council?
Industry association council participants are senior leaders of Industry Associations. Council membership is by invitation and members agree to work collaboratively in support of the council purpose.
For More Information: Contact Barb Steele, Director of Strategic Partnerships