The Industry Association Council (IAC) is a collaboration initiated by NBS Canada to advance the sustainability agenda in Canada.
What is the IAC?
The IAC is a group of committed leaders dedicated to supporting the sustainable business practices of their members. NBS Canada is creating a space for industry associations to work together on challenging sustainability issues. The purpose of the IAC is to:
1. Identify the important sustainability challenges of association members
2. Address members’ sustainability challenges with best practice, knowledge and education
3. Identify areas of collective interest that warrant further research or future actions
The IAC believes that industry plays an important role in sustainability. Each association is committed to advancing the sustainability performance of its members.
In 2013, the IAC collaborated on the development of tools and resources to support the sustainability needs of their members. Please use these resources in advancing sustainability in your own organization.
- A tool called How to Make Money by Going Green that identifies actions small businesses can take that will help their bottom line — and society.
- A 4-page guide that addresses how companies can innovate to become financially, environmentally and socially sustainable.
- An overview of industry-level sustainability programs to support industry associations in advancing sustainability
- A 3-step guide to help businesses work with community groups.
- 3 industry-specific guides to help small-and medium-sized businesses engage employees in going green.
With Support from Industry Canada
Who is Eligible to Join the Industry Association Council?
Industry association council participants are senior leaders of industry associations. Council membership is by invitation and members agree to work collaboratively in support of the council purpose.
For More Information: Contact Pam Laughland, Managing Director, NBS Canada