Latin America has produced a fertile crop of B Corp enterprises. With about 150 certified B Corps across six countries, the continent is the fastest growing B Corp region outside of North America.
To explore the challenges and opportunities facing B Corps, NBS gathered a group of 22 B Corps from Chile, Argentina and Colombia to form the first Latin American B Corp council.
This report is the first outcome of the council’s work. It is a first step towards understanding, systematizing and using what happens in the B Corp world as inspiration and knowledge for a sustainable society. We invite you to be part of the next steps.
Top 8 Sustainability Challenges for Latin American B Corps
- How can B Corps effectively communicate their purpose and value to a broader market?
- How can Latin American B Corps foster dialogue within public policy circles to improve understanding of how these companies operate and contribute to society?
- What are the most effective ways to measure the achievement of B Corp goals?
- How can B Corps and the B Corp system contribute to the creation of a B market?
- How can B Corps and the B Corp system stimulate greater investment or attract more investors to sustainable business?
- How can B Corps generate stronger partnerships with each other, with stakeholders and with disconnected partners to create alliances for a more sustainable society?
- How can B Corps maintain their culture and organizational values while they grow and expand?
- How can B Corps increase their social and environmental impact without necessarily scaling economically?