The Network for Business Sustainability (NBS), in partnership with the Business and Environment Initiative at Harvard Business School (HBS), hosted the second bi-annual workshop for directors of business sustainability centres. The workshop took place June 25-27 at HBS, in Boston, U.S. View the agenda and participating centres.
This event drew 65 director-level representatives (staff or faculty) from international university-housed business sustainability centres.
- Meet and build relationships with business sustainability centre directors from around the world.
- Share advice for addressing common challenges in teaching, research, outreach and administration.
- Scope opportunities for deep, ongoing collaboration.
- Agenda: View the agenda and list of participating centres.
- Guide to Sustainability Centres: Read the participant bio booklet and guide to participating centres.
- Reflection article: “Sustainability Centres Collaborate for Greater Impact” by workshop participant Erika Herz, Associate Director of Sustainability Programs at Darden School of Business (University of Virginia)
- Reflection article: “Doing our Job as Educators Means Getting Real about Sustainability” by Kim Robertella Glinka. Associate Director of Centre for Social Value Creation at Robert H. Smith School of Business (University of Maryland)
- Learn about the outcomes from discussions held at the 2014 Centres Workshop. Discussion summaries and complete notes are available.
- Stay tuned for further information on collaborative projects between centres.
- Promote events, post sustainability resources and tools on the community forum.
Learn about the attendees and agenda of the 2012 Centres Workshop.
Contact Chelsea Hicks with any questions.
The Centres Workshop 2014 is made possible by funding and coordination support from the Network for Business Sustainability and the Business and Environment Initiative at Harvard Business School.
Special thanks to our Presenting Sponsor for the Centres Workshop 2014.