For Sustainability Centre Leaders
Do you manage a business sustainability centre housed at a university? Is your centre teaching, conducting research, and working with industry to make social and environmental change?
You’re in the right place. The Sustainability Centres Community is an engaged, virtual community of nearly 200 sustainability centres from around the world. Centre leaders share best practices and support one another through virtual collaboration and in-person events.
Here’s how you can get involved.
2. Become a member
Simply complete the ‘join form’ below to add your centre as a member of the community. As a member, here’s what you get:
- Visibility in our public directory of centres.
- Access to other centre leaders via:
- A Google Group (list-serv), which members use to ask questions, seek collaborators and pose provocations.
- Biennial workshops, which convene centre leaders for tailored learning and networking opportunities.
- Access to frontier knowledge through the Network for Business Sustainability’s newsletters.
2. Learn from SCC Workshops and Other Events
Regular SCC events bring the community together for learning and action.
In Spring 2023, the Student Engagement Series features virtual sessions monthly. Centres share their strategies for engaging students in sustainability. Find out more and register.
The biennial SCC Workshop will be in New York on June 14-15, 2022, and is co-hosted by the MIT Sloan Sustainability Initiative and in partnership with the UN Principles of Responsible Management Education. See the Workshop page.
Our most recent Workshop took place in July 2021. The Workshop was co-hosted by Vienna University of Economics and Business and FHWien University of Applied Sciences for Management & Communication. The focus was “Designing the Business School Sustainability Centre of the Future.” To view the outputs and learnings click here.
3. Access our extensive content for sustainability centres
Sustainability centres engage in research, teaching, outreach and administration. NBS resources offer guidance in all these area, covering topics from funding to student engagement.
4. Engage with the broader Network for Sustainability
Join the NBS community forum to share questions, comments and opportunities with a growing community of academics, managers, policymakers, and students.
5. Contribute an article
Is your centre working on a new way for business to lead positive change? Share your research or experience with the NBS Community by co-creating content with us.
To start, simply tell us about the idea you’d like to share. We’ll assess how we can help you transform it into a podcast, blog, or tweet that will create real impact.
2021-2023 Sustainability Centers Community Advisory Board
A diverse, international team of centre leaders advise on the activities of the Sustainability Centres Community. Advisory Board members include:
- Pilar Acosta; Kairos Observatory for corporate sustainability (part of school of management), Universidad Icesi, Colombia
- Yury E Blagov; PwC Center for CSR, Graduate School of Management at St. Petersburg University, Russia
- Fernanda Carreira; Center for Sustainability Studies, Fundação Getulio Vargas, São Paulo School of Management, Brazil
- Xuanwei Cao; Centre for Responsible and Sustainable Business Education (RSBE), International Business School Suzhou of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, China
- Rumina Dhalla; Sustainable Commerce @ Guelph (currently in the process of establishing Institute for Sustainable Organizations). Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics, University of Guelph, Canada
- Noa Gafni; Rutgers Institute for Corporate Social Innovation, Rutgers Business School, United States
- Jouni K. Juntunen; Sustainability in Business (SUB) at Aalto University School of Business, Finland
- Daniela Ortiz; Institute for Business Ethics and Sustainable Strategy, FHWien University of Applied Sciences for Management & Communication, Austria
- Zehra Waheed; Centre for Business and Society, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan
- Klaus Weber; Kellogg Public Private Initiative, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, United States
- Melissa Zaksek; Erb Institute, University of Michigan, United States
- Milda Zilinskaite; Center for Sustainability Transformation and Responsibility (STaR), Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria