ALBA Center for Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability (ALBA C.E.RE.S.)
The vision of the ALBA Center for Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability (C.E.RE.S.) is to be a national and international actor, point of reference and think tank for issues relating to Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability. Our mission is to engage in activities independently or in cooperation with key stakeholders aiming to enhance knowledge and awareness on relevant topics.
The enactment of the ALBA C.E.RE.S. scope of activities can be described through five (5) interrelated pillars that categorize and outline the main operations of the school. These are:
- Responsible Education: business ethics, social responsibility and sustainability values, topics and practices form an integral part of our educational programs.
- Responsible Research: both academic and applied research address areas relating to business ethics, social responsibility and sustainability issues.
- Responsible Culture: provisions through scholarships and open seminars and workshops are available to potential students and other stakeholders.
- Responsible Workplace: activities are undertaken for the protection of the environment and for catering for employee needs.
- Responsible Employees: ALBA employees are active in social responsibility activities (such as philanthropy), on a voluntary basis. Employee activities are organized by the Good Citizenship Committee that was initially formed in 2004 (visit: http://alba-goodcitizenship.blogspot.com/ and/or e-mail GoodCitizenship@alba.edu.gr).
Our activities and plans include:
- To further enhance and report the ALBA Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability Initiatives, as outlined by our five (5) pillars
- To enhance and promote Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability to the Business Community and Society at large, by organizing events and activities
- To further engage with other key stakeholders and key organizations for the enhancement of Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability, nationally and internationally
- To provide the platform for the creation and utilization of active, national and international networks of key stakeholders
- To further develop training platforms, educational programs and modules on Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- To undertake and contribute to theoretical and applied research on Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability related topics
The ALBA Center for Business Ethics ,Social Responsibility and Sustainability is run by a six (6) member committee. The composition includes one (1) resident faculty member and five (5) administrative directors of ALBA Graduate Business School.
The committee members are:
- Dr. Yiota Pastra, Assistant Professor in the Practice of Accounting
- Ms. Maria Doukaki, Marketing & Communications Director
- Ms. Marina Gryllaki, Executive Development Director
- Ms. Antonina Kalkavoura, Corporate Affairs Director
- Ms. Zoe Kourounakou, Applied Research & International Relations Director
- Ms. Stella Mariou, Quality & Accreditation Director
The Center is an integral part of ALBA Graduate Business School at the American College of Greece, initiating, undertaking and representing the School’s activities on Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability. As such, its activities have been financed by the School.
ALBA Graduate Business School initially formalized its Social Responsibility activities through the formation of the Social Responsibility Committee in 2009, expressing this way our belief that academic institutions play a key role in enriching, promoting and supporting business ethics, social responsibility and sustainability. Given the ALBA Social Responsibility scope, activities and plans since then, we decided in 2013 to establish the ALBA Center for Business Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability (ALBA C.E.RE.S.).
Our commitment to social responsibility is further demonstrated through the creation and publication of regular Social Reports, as well as through the participation, membership and cooperation of the school with key organizations that promote, enhance and facilitate social responsibility. In particular, ALBA is:
• An academic participant of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), as well as of the Global Compact Network Hellas, since March 2008
• The first Greek Business School that has become a participant of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), since December 2009
• Listed in the Business in Society Gateway Directory, since spring 2009.
• Member of Global Sustain, since 2012
• Cooperating with Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility on specific activities outlined in 2013
For further information, please visit our website
and /or e-mail us at SocialResponsibility@alba.edu.gr.