Centre de recherche – Organisations, Sociétés, Environnement (OSE)
The Centre OSE consists of:
- 1 director
- 1 coordinator
- 4 focus leaders
- 17 affiliated researchers
- 2 affiliated students
The Centre de recherche Organisations, Sociétés et Environnement (OSE) from the École des sciences de la gestion de l’UQÀM (ESG-UQÀM) was created June 1st 2014 from a partnership with the Centre interdisciplinaire de recherche en opérationnalisation du développement durable (CIRODD). It is an interdisciplinary group of French speaking researchers. It uses a socio-economic perspective to look into the link between businesses and society. There are four research focuses:
- Actors and practices of the ecological transition
- Values and quantification of global performance
- The academic in the social transformation
- Education and developing knowledge in CSR and SD
The Centre OSE has three main objectives:
- Stimulate the publication of joint scientific research papers by helping projects which involve researchers from different fields and encourage links between the researchers and the practitioner. Formation is an integral part of the research support strategy of the center, so we organize annual workshops on relevant subjects.
- Structure the funding efforts with big funding agencies to improve the cohesion between the researchers from social sciences and natural sciences that are involved in the Centers activities.
- Offer a common ground between researchers from social sciences and natural sciences and between the researchers and the practitioners. Diffusion and transfer are seen in a perspective of co-construction between researchers and practitioners and are integrated in our calls for papers.