Centre for Business in Society
The purpose of CBiS is to promote and support research regarding how firms integrate sustainability into their business strategies and operative practices.
Research, teaching and outreach. CBiS activities include:
- CBiS research seminars: Our seminar series discusses research projects, research applications, collaborations and publications.
- CBiS webinars: World leading international scholars join in online discussions of research projects, research applications, collaborations and publications
- CBiS PhD and post-doc workshops provide connection and feedback for PhD students or post-docs interested in sustainability
- Writing retreats
- Academic conferences: CBiS supports both small and large conferences.
- Internal paper reviews: CBiS provides feedback from expert Swedish and international scholars.
- Research applications: CBIS helps with comments to improve a research application, help to establish an academic board for a project, and access to companies etc.
- Funding “hard to fund” activities: CBiS supports activities that can lead to international publications and research applications.
- External communication: A vital part in all research is to communicate results and engage in discussions with managers and stakeholders. CBiS hosts breakfast/lunch seminars, hosts conferences, publishes newsletters, helps with press releases etc.
The centre's only staff person is Director Niklas Egels-Zanden.