Centre for Leadership Excellence
The Centre for Leadership Excellence is a recognized Senate centre at Saint Mary’s University. As such, we are guided by strict accountability rules on reporting. We are also governed by a Board of Directors that includes members from the community. Presently staffing is done through volunteer student members. The centre is presently managed by its Director.
Leadership in business is evolving with the presence of rapid, constant change; the emerging knowledge economy; and a culturally and generationally diverse workforce. We have moved beyond the traditional styles of command and control to newer models of leadership. The Centre for Leadership Excellence (CLE) is purposed with fostering an environment where emerging models of leadership can be explored and the theoretical and practical value of these models can be disseminated to stakeholders.
We do research as well as outreach to community members. We also partner with industry actors that are interested in pursuing activities in our areas of expertise.
The centre has three main areas or pillars of expertise: Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Sustainability and Ethics. Principal investigators and subareas of research within these pillars are listed below.
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Catherine Loughlin
- Sub area of research: Leadership, Gender and Diversity
- Principal Investigator of sub area: Dr. Wendy Carroll
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Ellen Farrell
- Sub area of research: Social Innovation
- Principal Investigator of sub area: Dr. Claudia De Fuentes
3. Sustainability and Ethics
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Cathy Driscoll
- Sub area of research: Sustainable Hybrids
- Principal Investigator of sub area: Dr. Chantal Hervieux
Transversal area of expertise: Governance and Responsible Leadership
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Margaret McKee