Centre for Sustainable and Responsible Organisations (CSaRO)
CSaRO brings together researchers from a variety of disciplines to better understand and promote long-term sustainable and responsible organisational behaviour. We work on various research grants, collaborating with academic institutions and leaders within the industry to advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) agenda. Our work is both local and international – where we strive to provide cutting-edge solutions for more sustainable outcomes.
CSaRO aims to:
- Develop policies, systems and practices that lead to more sustainable and responsible enterprises
- Support the development of high quality, innovative research programs that can generate new knowledge regarding sustainable and responsible business practices
- Enhance collaboration between researchers and industry, including private, public sector and non-profit/charitable entities
- Promote a cross-disciplinary approach to identify and understand the drivers of sustainable and responsible organizational behaviour
- Attract and train excellent research students and staff
CSaRO is a research centre within the Faculty of Business and Law at Deakin University. It brings together researchers from a range of disciplines to promote long-term sustainable and responsible organizational behavior. We do this by engaging with various stakeholders including the research community, business leaders, governments at all levels and the public at large.
Our key research areas include Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Sustainable and Responsible Governance, Social inclusion; Refugees Work and Careers, Environmental marketing; Ethical/Social Marketing, and Workplace Health and Wellbeing.
CSaRO currently has 20 research members across various disciplines. Our members are from the disciplinary areas of Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Information Systems and Management resulting in a centre with broad multidisciplinary skills and experience.