Centre for Sustainable and Responsible Organisations (CSaRO)
CSaRO Brings together researchers from a variety of disciplines to better understand and promote long-term sustainable and responsible organisational behaviour. We do this through research and dialogue with various stakeholders including the research community, business leaders, policy advisors and the public at large.
CSaRO aims to:
- Develop policies, systems and practices that lead to more sustainable and responsible enterprises.
- To support the development of sustainable and responsible organisations by undertaking high quality research that examines the impact that organisations have on their internal and external environments, and identifies strategies (policies, systems, practices) that can protect and promote the well-being of employees, organisations, communities and the natural environment.
- Plan and implement high quality, innovative research programs that can generate new knowledge regarding sustainable and responsible business practices,
- Enhance collaboration between researchers and industry, including private, public sector and non-profit/charitable entities,
- Promote a cross-disciplinary approach to identify and understand the drivers of sustainable and responsible organizational behaviour, and
- Attract and train excellent research students and staff.
CSaRO is a strategic research centre within the Faculty of Business and Law at Deakin University. Our key research areas include Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Sustainable and Responsible Governance (SRG), Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME’s), Ethical / Social Marketing, and Workplace Health and Wellbeing.
CSaRO currently has 35 research members. Our members are from the School of Accounting, Finance and Economics, School of Marketing and Management and the Deakin Graduate School of Business, resulting in a centre with broad multidisciplinary skills and experience.
Professor Nava Subramaniam