FirstBank Sustainability Centre
The FirstBank Sustainability Centre of Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University was launched in 2010 in partnership with Etisalat Nigeria Limited, one of the leading telecommunications operators in the country. However, presently the Sustainability Centre is sponsored by FirstBank Nigeria, one of Africa’s foremost banks.
First of its kind in Nigeria, the Centre is dedicated to helping organisations create lasting value by means of responsible business strategies and productive stakeholder relationships through research, training and advocacy in sustainability.
The Centre is led by Dr Chris Ogbechie, a sustainability and strategy expert, who teaches strategy, sustainability and corporate governance in the School. The Centre also has three (3) other administrative/research staff, and an advisory board comprising leading academics and non-academics who are experts in sustainability.
The FirstBank Sustainability Centre of LBS aims to promote a better understanding of the concept of sustainability in Nigeria and across the globe.
The Centre offers Research and Advisory services focused on helping companies:
- Develop Sustainability frameworks, policy and strategy, and establish Sustainability structures and performance indicators
- Participate in stakeholder engagement, including stakeholder mapping, dialogue planning and facilitation
- Report and communicate Sustainability policies, including planning and writing sustainability reports, developing reporting indicators and implementing Sustainability policies and communication
- Benchmark activities and performance against international guidelines such as the Global Reporting Initiative
- Develop networking linkages to competent non-governmental organisations (NGOs) operating in the social space.
Dr. Chris Ogbechie
Director, FirstBank Sustainability Centre