Innovating for Sustainability
: October 30 Time
: 9:45 a.m. to 12 p.m. (following the Ivey Idea Forum
Ivey ING Centre, Toronto Cost
: $50 per person
Is your company driving innovation as part of its sustainability mandate? Maybe you’re learning from nature or collaborating with unconventional partners to create new and exciting products. Or maybe you’re experimenting with “closed-loop” or “systems” thinking to dramatically reduce your company’s consumption and waste.
Whatever you’re doing, come join this half-day workshop on "Innovating for Sustainability." Hear about the latest research in sustainability-oriented innovation and learn what other leading companies are doing. The workshop will be led by Tima Bansal, professor of strategic management at the Richard Ivey School of Business (Western University) and Executive Director of the Network for Business Sustainability (NBS).
The insights you share about your company may get included in NBS's final report on "Innovating for Sustainability."Ivey Idea Forum
The NBS workshop is preceded by an Ivey Idea Forum on Innovating for Sustainable Growth
. Moderated by Tima Bansal, the Idea Forum is a panel and Q&A with senior leaders who have built innovation into their organizations. Panelists include Laurent Tainturier
, President of BASF Canada, and Catherine Cobden
, Executive Vice President of the Forest Products Association of Canada.Time:
7:30 to 9:30 am Cost:
$30 per personWho Should Attend?
Anyone is welcome to attend the Ivey Idea Forum. The NBS workshop is designed for mid- to senior-level managers who:
- Know their companies’ goals with respect to innovation and sustainability;
- Can speak knowledgeably about ways their companies innovate in sustainability.Attendees will leave the NBS workshop with:
- New research based on 267 studies of sustainability and innovation;
- A framework for assessing and planning your companies' innovation activities;
- Examples from other leading companies of how they are innovating for sustainability;
- New professional contacts with sustainability expertise.