London Centre for Corporate Governance and Ethics
Established in 2008, we aim to develop a deeper understanding and advance rigorous academic research on Corporate Governance, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility issues in order to inspire the design of innovative and effective business and government policies that enable firms and societies to thrive together.
The LCCGE research centre is guided by four main aims:
- Develop a deep understanding of today’s governance, sustainability and ethics challenges
- Assist business and government leaders in developing innovative and effective governance and sustainability policies
- Engage with practitioners & academics in an expanding global network
- Disseminate research and findings widely and in accessible form
The LCCGE’s multi-disciplinary programme of research includes the following projects:
Corporate Governance Projects
- Varieties of Liberalism
- Austerity Debate
- The Structuring Role of Theory and Policy
- Economic and Political Aspects of the Credit Crunch: Why Did National Experiences Vary So Much?
- Productive Systems
Corporate Social Responsibility Projects
- Corporate Social Responsibility and National Competitiveness
- Does public trust in business affect the CSR returns on investment
- Corporate Boards and Socially Responsible Behaviour
- We also collaborate with the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre on research in the area of Sport Governance as well as with Birkbeck’s Centre for Political Economy and Institutional Studies on areas of political economy, socio-economics and institutional studies.
We offer the following programs:
- MSc / MRes in Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
- MSc in Management with Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Post Graduate Certificate in Corporate Governance and Ethics
- MSc in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- PhD with a focus on Corporate Governance/Corporate Responsibility
We organize a monthly seminar series with both academics and practitioners.
LCCGE is a research center of Birkbeck college, University of London. It was established in 2008 and is funded by Birkbeck’s Department of Management.
Director: Sue Konzelmann
Assistant Directors: Ioanna Boulouta and Luca Andriani
Research Fellows: Peter Davis (http://www.lccge.bbk.ac.uk/about-us/visiting-research-fellows)
Research Associates: http://www.lccge.bbk.ac.uk/about-us/research-associates