Pentland Centre for Sustainability in Business
Drawing on expertise from across the university, including the Lancaster University Management School and the Lancaster Environment Centre, the Centre acts as a hub that brings together the latest global views from across academic disciplines and engages directly with leading companies and organisations, including the Pentland Group and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development(WBCSD).
For additional information on the organizational structure, please view the centre's website here.
The Centre aims to:
- Enable the synthesis of insights from diverse academic disciplines, as well as from the commercial world.
- Create a more up-to-date definition of "corporate responsibility," to keep pace with emerging global trends, challenges and opportunities for businesses.
- Help business to explore the potential for new and adapted business models.
- Work with other initiatives that are exploring macro trends.
- We aim to explore implications for product, environmental management, ethics and community building.
As well as producing reports, pamphlets, media releases, online materials and articles in scholarly and academic journals, we will carry out action research in business. There will also be events, workshops and projects to allow academics and business leaders to share and develop new ideas. Some events will be open to all.
For a list of main activities, please view the centre's website here.
Professor Gail Whiteman