PwC Center for Corporate Social Responsibility
To educate and advance the national managerial elite strongly committed to the idea of implementing the principles of social responsibility and sustainable development in Russian companies and respecting interests of all stakeholders.
The main research activities are related to:
- managing corporate social performance in Russian companies (Reports on Social Investments in Russia)
- corporate philanthropy (Corporate Philanthropy Leaders project)
- social entrepreneurship in Russia
- comparative studies in all these subfield
The teaching activities at SPbU GSOM are presented by obligatory and elective courses such as:
- “Business Ethics” and “Corporate Social Responsibility” (Bachelors in Management)
- “International CSR”, “Moral reasoning in Management”, “Global Responsible Leadership”, and “Corporate responsibility in managerial practice” (Masters in Management)
- “Business and Society” (EMBA and ExEd)
- “Project Management for Social Entrepreneurs Program"
The Center is a formal department of SPbU GSOM. It is managed part time by the Director and the Center manager. About 10 researchers and teachers are affiliated with the Center.
Since 2009, the Center’s activities have been mainly funded by the donations of PwC. The Center coordinates the research and teaching cooperation of SPbU GSOM in the fields of CSR and sustainable development on the national (with Russian Managers Association and The Russian Donors Forum) and international (with ABIS — The Academy of Business and Society, EBEN, Caux Round Table, PRME, GOLDEN for Sustainability, and GRLI) levels.