Sustainability and Innovation Research Group
To further the development of research into sustainability and innovation and disseminate the knowledge obtained in the best scientific journals, while also propagating the concepts and good practices of sustainability and innovation.
- Produce and teach content about sustainability and innovation to all educational levels.
- Develop research projects and publish the results in journals.
- Obtain funds from public funding agencies and corporations by developing research projects and university outreach activities.
- Train researchers at master and doctor levels.
- Promote meetings about sustainability and innovation.
- Interact with researchers from other universities in Brazil and around the World.
- Conduct research in the fields of:
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management – This research includes projects about Green Supply Chain Management, Social Enterprise, Sustainable Production and Consumption, Clean Development Mechanisms (CDM) and Sustainable Tourism.
- Education for Sustainability – This research includes projects about environmental education, education for consumption, sustainability in the university curricula, methods of teaching sustainability.
- Consumption and Social Responsibility – This research includes projects about consumer behaviour, environmental awareness and social responsibility in organizations
The group’s topics of interest include:
- Environmental Management Systems
- Sustainable Development
- Solid Residue Management
- Green Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
- Sustainable Tourism
- Fair Trade
- Water and sanitation
- Energy (clean, efficiency, best practice)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Education for Sustainability
- Social-environmental Indicators
- Green Economy
- Reverse logistics and Green supply chain management
- Clean Development Mechanisms (CDM)
- Literature and sustainability
Members of the Group include Professors, as well as PhD, Master and Doctoral students from management and other academic fields. The Research Group is open to all those interested in the research, practice and in propagation of knowledge about sustainability and innovation.