Sustainability in Business Research Center
To produce knowledge about and solution proposals for business models and consumption practices that enhance sustainable development.
Research in the following fields:
- Business innovations and consumption practices supporting sustainable development
- Sustainability transitions in energy production & consumption systems
- Inclusive and frugal innovation at resource scarce emerging market contexts
- Societal impacts of corporate responsibility
- Political corporate responsibility
- Creative Sustainability Master Program — a cross-disciplinary programme produced together with Aalto University’s Design, Architecture, Real Estate and Water departments.
- Sustainability Management specialization track for master students of Department of Management Studies
- Innovative Sustainability Management modules for the Executive MBA students of Aalto University Executive Education
- Bachelor level courses on Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics
- The centre has extensive societal outreach activities from research collaboration with companies to policy advice as well as an incubator for sustainability enterprises (Impact Iglu). Aalto Global Impact works with the sustainability researchers to enhance the societal impacts of our research and teaching in particular in low-income emerging markets settings.
The centre has 25 researchers and 3 additional staff members. The research staff consists of two full professors, one professor of practice, seven post docs, and 15 doctoral students. In addition to Aalto University, main external funding sources include the Academy of Finland, Tekes – the Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation, and the European Union DG for Research.