Research Matters When It Engages Stakeholders
Watching his son progress in karate leads a doctoral student to reflect on management research. What really matters is how we engage with the world.
Call for Submissions: Research Impact on Practice Award
This award recognizes sustainability research that has important implications for practice. It rewards actual or potential impact. Submissions are due April 30, 2022.
February Table of Contents
NBS’s monthly compilation of the latest business sustainability research prioritizes in-press articles, in order to highlight cutting-edge knowledge. The list draws from Financial Times Top 50 journals and other publications.
Opportunities and Announcements
Please share your information about opportunities related to sustainability scholarship at discuss.nbs.net.
- Conference: Maximizing Global Trade for Sustainable Development (December 2-3, 2021, Virtual, Lagos Business School)
- Webinar: Complementary Actors in the Sustainability Research and Education Space (December 3, 2021, Virtual, Academy of International Business)
- Webinar: Today in Sustainability: Overlooked Opportunities in a Circular Economy (December 6, 2021, Virtual, Emeritus & NBS)
- Event Series: Impact Happy Hour (December 15, 2021, Virtual, Impact Scholar Community)
- PhD and Early Career Researchers Symposium: Sustainability Shared Interest Group (December 13, 2021, Virtual, Academy of International Business)
- Workshop: Economic Management for Sustainability (December 15, 2021, Virtual, The Research Excellency Unit GECOS)
- Summit: Opportunities and Innovation in Environmental Recovery (January 20, 2022, Virtual, International Erosion Control Association – Canadian Chapter)
- Conference: Spring Institute on Abilities (March 1-5, 2022, Virtual, Spring Institute)
- Idea Development Workshop: Theorizing Time in Management and Organizations (March 11, 2022, Virtual, Academy of Management Review)
- Conference: Responsible Leadership Reimagined (March 16-18, 2022, Stellenbosch University, South Africa)
- Paper Development Workshop: Business and Society Research (May 17, 2022, Virtual, Principles for Responsible Management Education)
- PhD Seminar: Business and Society – How To Change the World? The Art of Sustainability (June 20-21, 2022, Audencia Business School, Nantes, France)
- Doctoral Colloquium and Conference: Sustainable Business Models Challenges: Economic Recovery and Digital Transformation (June 22-24, 2022, LUMSA University, Virtual and Rome, Italy)
- Demonstration: Green Business Lab (sustainability simulation) (Upon Request)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Understanding Philanthropy/ Enhancing Philanthropy’s Impact (ESSEC Business School, Cergy, France)
- Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor: Business and Society (IESEG School of Management, Paris and Lille, France)
- Coordinator and Senior Manager: Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME, New York, United States)
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Leading for Impact (Skoll Centre, Said Business School, Oxford, United Kingdom)
- Call for Papers: Understanding Sustainability in the Context of Business Organizations and Philanthropic Institutions (TÜBA-AASSA Joint Symposium).
- Call for Papers: Impact Driven Strategy Research for Grand Challenges (Strategic Organization)
- Call for Papers: Atlas unplugged – Re-imagining the Premises and Prospects of Capitalism for Business and Society (Journal of Management Studies)
- Call for Papers: Chasing Truth and (Re)Conciliation – Navigating Contexts, Tensions, Limits and Possibilities (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion)
- Call for Papers: Abilities and Ableism as Ethical Dilemmas of Organizing (Journal of Business Ethics)