- Start Here
For Sustainability Centre Leaders
Do you manage a business sustainability centre housed at a university? Is your centre teaching, conducting research, and working with industry to make social and environmental change?
You’re in the right place. The Sustainability Centres Community is an engaged, virtual community of nearly 200 sustainability centres from around the world. Centre leaders share best practices and support one another through virtual collaboration and in-person events.
Here’s how you can get involved.
1. Become a member
Simply complete the ‘join form’ below to add your centre as a member of the Community. As a member, here’s what you get:
- Visibility in our public directory of centres.
- Access to other centre leaders via:
- A Google Group (list-serv), which members use to ask questions, seek collaborators and pose provocations.
- Biennial workshops, which convene centre leaders for tailored learning and networking opportunities.
- Access to frontier knowledge through the Network for Business Sustainability’s newsletters.
2. Learn from SCC Workshops and Other Events
Regular SCC events bring the Community together for learning and action.
Every other month, we host an SCC Knowledge Exchange. It’s an hour-long “open space” discussion where centre leaders can share knowledge, get advice, and connect with other members. Join the next one with a centre topic or challenge you’d like to discuss.
Join virtual discussions to share knowledge, get advice, and build community with business school sustainability centre leaders from around the world.
Our most recent biennial Workshop took place in New York in June 2023. It was co-hosted by the MIT Sloan Sustainability Initiative and held in partnership with the UN Principles of Responsible Management Education, with a special focus on systems. Outputs are now on the Workshop page.
Around the world, business school sustainability centres advance sustainability research, teaching, and outreach. They’re an essential part of meeting today’s business sustainability challenges.
In Spring 2023, the Student Engagement Series featured virtual sessions monthly. Centres shared their strategies for engaging students in sustainability. View the recordings on the Event page.
3. Access our extensive content for sustainability centres
Sustainability centres engage in research, teaching, outreach and administration. NBS resources offer guidance in all these area, covering topics from funding to student engagement.
4. Contribute an article
Is your centre working on a new way for business to lead positive change? Share your research or experience with the NBS Community by co-creating content with us.
To start, simply tell us about the idea you’d like to share. We’ll assess how we can help you transform it into a podcast, blog, or tweet that will create real impact.
5. Engage with the broader Network for Sustainability
2021-2023 Sustainability Centres Community Advisory Board
A diverse, international team of centre leaders advise on the activities of the Sustainability Centres Community. Advisory Board members include:
- Tima Bansal; Innovation North, Ivey Business School, Canada
- Fernanda Carreira; Center for Sustainability Studies, Fundação Getulio Vargas, Brazil
- Rumina Dhalla; Institute for Sustainable Commerce, Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics, University of Guelph, Canada
- Brian Ganson; Centre on Conflict and Collaboration, University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa
- Leandro Nardi; Society and Organizations (S&O) Institute, HEC Paris, France
- Ana Siqueira; Center for Socially Responsible Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Cotsakos College of Business, William Paterson University, United States
- Zehra Waheed; Centre for Business and Society, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan
- Melissa Zaksek; Erb Institute, University of Michigan, United States