Engaging through the Network for Business Sustainability is better than ever. Check out our new capabilities.
With a website redesign, the Network for Business Sustainability makes sustainability information more useful and engaging. New features support greater interaction with our content and with other community members.
Now, you can become an expert on a specific topic, use filters for precise searching, and share questions, ideas and opportunities.
Here are some highlights.
Explore Our Knowledge Hubs
NBS has developed 6 core Knowledge Hubs around today’s most pressing business sustainability issues. Each offers definition, analysis, and solutions. Knowledge Hubs are also a platform for building partnerships and engaging in dialogue.
The Knowledge Hubs are:
Topic-focused Knowledge Hubs make it easier to find content and connect with others in your area. Because sustainability requires thinking about how issues intersect, we also look at how these areas relate to each other: How climate change might affect social justice, for example. Ultimately, we’re working toward systems change.
Filter Your Search
NBS has more than 800 content resources. Here’s how to access them effectively.
If you have a specific question or interest, you can get to a related resource in one of two ways:
- Use the search bar. Type in your keywords and the search algorithm will do its best.
- Draw on our tagging system. We have tagged NBS content according to over 40 categories within business sustainability. Click ‘Resources’ and use the filters to navigate to your area of interest. You can search by any combination of:
- Business Goal: Is your company trying to improve on strategy, communication, collaboration, or operations?
- Subtopic: Choose from 25 more specific topics, from “alternative business models” to “systems thinking”
- Format: Are you looking to read, listen, or watch?
Not sure where to start? Our Basics of Business Sustainability series is a great place to begin (videos too!)
Join the Community Forum
Have a question, comment, or opportunity? NBS’s Community Forum is the place for it. The forum is used by many people working on business sustainability, from students to managers. And you might know the answer to someone’s question, too! Here are tips for navigating.
- If your point relates to one of NBS’ Knowledge Hub areas, tag the relevant Hub (e.g. #SustainableFinance). Your comment will be visible in the discussion associated with that community.
- Share upcoming opportunities or events using the #Opportunities tag.
- Interested in another aspect of business sustainability? Post without a tag.
Build Skills in Online Courses
In addition to using NBS’s free resources, you may want a more structured learning experience to expand your sustainability knowledge. We’re offering discounted access to online courses hosted in collaboration between online education company Emeritus, and university partners around the world. Explore sustainability courses here.
Connect with Us
We welcome your feedback. Contact us with any questions or suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Tamara Mazur for bringing the NBS website to the next level, and to Lexi Wright and Adanma Onuoha for steering the effort at NBS. We also thank a stellar team of volunteers who categorized 800 content resources: Edwina Liu, Leili Sinaei, and Sohrob Milani Zadeh.
Add a CommentThis site uses User Verification plugin to reduce spam. See how your comment data is processed.